Listen, my hair is not a subject of conversation that interests anyone but myself. I understand that, so I'll keep my discussion on the subject as brief as possible.
I mentioned a couple of months back that I'd reached a high level of frustration as to what to do about my weird hair. I surfed the Internet for answers out of sheer desperation. I remembered discovering the amazing Oil Cleansing Method through the long hair forum so I thought maybe those guys will have some ideas.
I found naturallycurly.com on my journey back. My hair is not curly, just badly behaved, so I started reading and reading...for like a week. There was a vast cavern of useful information on what the fuck to do with your hair when you're at your wits' end. I have since begun to adhere to some of the tenets of being a Curly Girl, including:
• Stopped using sulfate-based shampoo
• Stopped using terrycloth towels on my head
• Stopped using any products with silicone - this one's difficult and involves a patient husband standing at the end of the hair aisle while I read about 1000 bottle backs
• Started using hard-hold gel instead of hard-hold hairspray
• Using my diffuser to cup my hair as it dries
This has created quite a change. I'm in the process of growing out extensive flatiron damage. I also had to have my hair thinned quite a bit so I'm growing that out too. I'm hoping in time to actually look like I give a rat's ass.