Mr. W and I bartended my cousin's wedding last Saturday. Here are the highlights:
- I discovered that my husband may be a closet chef/mathematician, but he really wants to be a bartender when he grows up. I have never seen my darling backward mild-Asperger's only-child husband be so gregarious. He claims that it's because people will eventually walk away from the bar.
- When you buy 20 drink tickets, and drink them yourself, and stay upright, you will impress me. Not in a good way.
- Bartending in heels hurts. The soles of my feet stung.
- My cousin and his new bride are both happy hugging drunks. I hugged more that night than I have in a year.
- The under-30 set likes Sailor Jerry, the over-30 set likes Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, and never the twain shall meet.
- The bar star pours, but the second in command gets the truly glamorous job of ice management.